Thuraya SatSleeve + (Universal)
Thuraya SatSleeve Satellite Phone – Simply add a call plan
Thuraya SatSleeve is the world’s first satellite adaptor for smartphones, providing you with easy and affordable access to mobile communication services delivered over the Thuraya satellite network. Insert your compatible smartphone into the SatSleeve for iPhone or SatSleeve for Android, to stay connected through phone calls, SMS and data via satellite mode – and put the entire world within reach.
Thuraya SatSleeve Video
Thuraya SatSleeve Handset Features
- Add a satellite connection to your smartphone to stay in touch wherever you go.
- SatSleeve supports voice, SMS, email and apps over satellite.
- Extended battery life, acting as backup battery for the iPhone (SatSleeve for iPhone 4/4S and 5/5S only).
- Download the free SatSleeve App from the iTunes App Store for iPhone and Google Play for Android.
- Enhanced safety features with an Emergency Call button.
- High Penetration Alerting (HPA) capability enables you to receive calls even if the satellite antenna is retracted.
Click on the attachments tab for Call plans and Service Application form.
|Thuraya SatSleeve Hotspot & SatSleeve + Features|
|• Use your smartphone in satellite mode when you are outside mobile coverage areas.|
| • The SatSleeve Hotspot and SatSleeve + are simple to use, just connect your smartphone and SatSleeve via Wi-Fi through
the SatSleeve Hotspot app to stay connected. Download the free SatSleeve Hotspot App from the App Store or Google Play.
|• The SatSleeve Hotspot and the SatSleeve + come with a dedicated SOS button that works even when a smartphone isn´t connected.|
|• High Penetration Alerting (HPA) capability enables you to receive calls even if the satellite antenna is retracted.|
|Thuraya SatSleeve Hotspot & SatSleeve + Specifications|
| • Thuraya SatSleeve Hotspot Main Unit inc. Hotspot stand:
142 x 69 x 38mm/ 290g
|• Thuraya SatSleeve + Main Unit inc. Universal smartphone adaptor: 138 x 69 x 42mm /256g (Universal adaptor can hold smartphone between 58 – 85mm in width).|
| • Connectivity: 3.5mm headset jack, Micro USB, DC charging jack, WiFi ramge: 30m (Hotspot), Universal
adaptor holds smartphones between 58 to 85 mm in width (SatSleeve +).
|• Battery: 3.7V Li-ion, 2440 mAh|
|• Talk time: up to 3 hours|
| • Standby time:
– WiFi continuously on: up to 9 hours
– WiFi off: up to 70 hours* (* incoming calls and SOS function still available on main unit)
|• Satellite Data speed: Download up to 60 kbps, Upload up to 15 kbps (GmPRS)|
|• Power supply: Output DC 5V/2.0A (with EU/UK/CN/AUS adaptors)|
|• Operating temperature: -10°C to +55°C|
|• Storage temperature: -20°C to +70°C|
| • App languages: English, Arabic, Bahasa Indonesia, Chinese (simplified), French, German, Italian, Japanese, korean,
Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
|What’s in the box?|
|• Main satellite unit||• Adaptor|
|• Battery||• USB data cable|
|• Universal travel charger|
How It Works
The SatSleeve Hotspot and SatSleeve + both connect to your smartphone to give you satellite coverage when you are outside mobile reception areas. The SatSleeve is a satellite phone in its own right, it simply connects to your phone via Wi-Fi through the SatSleeve Hotspot App to give your smartphone a satellite connection for calls, SMS and data.
1. The SatSleeve fits or connects to most late model smartphones running iOS or Android.
2. Download the SatSleeve Hotspot App from the App Store or Google Play store.
3. Pair the SatSleeve and your smartphone via Wi-Fi through the SatSleeve Hotspot App.
4. The SatSleeve has its own satellite SIM card that it uses to make a connection to the satellite.
5. Make and receive calls and SMS and use data on your smartphone using the SatSleeve as your connection.
1. The SatSleeve Hotspot connects to your smartphone via Wi-Fi through the free SatSleeve Hotspot App.
2. Your SatSleeve Hotspot, like any satellite phone, must have line of sight to the sky and have its antenna extended facing NW.
3. When you have established a connection, you can make calls up to 30m from the SatSleeve Hotspot device.
1. The SatSleeve + has a universal adapter that fits most late model smartphones.
2. Your smartphone can be clipped to the SatSleeve + using the universal adapter.
3. The SatSleeve + connects to your smartphone via Wi-Fi through the free SatSleeve Hotspot App giving you a satellite connection.
4. Use your smartphone while it is connected to the SatSleeve. Ensure you have a clear line of sight to the sky and the antenna is extended facing NW.