Iridium 9575 Extreme – Firmware May 2017
By Orbit Admin
This document details the use of the Iridium Extreme® firmware upgrade tool and lists the feature changes contained within the version HL17001 release. The primary purpose of this release is to provide a number of improvements and fixes.
2 Upgrade Tool OS Compatibility
The upgrade tool that accompanies this release has been tested with Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 x64. The instructions that follow in this document assume the use of this version of Microsoft Windows.
3 Performing the Upgrade
The following steps should be used to upgrade an Iridium Extreme® from version HL11001 or later.
Paste the link below into your browser
Run the upgrade installer application.
- The application is named “Iridium Extreme Software Upgrade HL17001 Installer.exe\”
- This will place the upgrade tool and USB drivers into the C:ProgramFilesIridiumExtreme directory
Prior to performing the upgrade complete the following:
- Disable Bluetooth on the PC running the upgrade
- Remove the SIM card from the handset and install the handset battery
- Turn the handset on
- Ensure that the battery is fully charged or a charger is connected to the handset
Connect the handset to the PC using a USB cable
- If the handset is being connected to this PC for the first time, or to a USB port that has not been used before, the driver will be installed automatically. If this is the case, wait for Windows to show the \”New Hardware Installed\” notification before proceeding.
- If Windows is unable to automatically locate the USB driver, it can be found at C:Program FilesIridiumExtremeUSBVCOMPORT
Run the Iridium Extreme Software Upgrade tool
- A shortcut to this application should be available in the Start Menu in the Iridium Extreme Software Upgrade folder
- The target of the shortcut is C:Program FilesIridiumExtremeUpgrade_Tool Iridium Extreme Software Upgrade HL17001.exe
Follow instructions presented by the upgrade tool user interface.
- During the upgrade process the handset will display various information on the screen, including “Upgrading…”
- At times the handset screen may go completely blank
- Do not disconnect the handset or press any keys while the upgrade is in progress
NOTE: The handset will be rebooted into a USB standard Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) mode during the upgrade. The DFU driver will be installed if the PC has never been used with a handset in DFU mode before. If Windows is unable to automatically locate the USB DFU driver, it can be found at C:Program FilesIridiumExtremeUSBDFU.
4 Change List
The following table lists the changes made in HL17001 that may affect the product user.